It is possible to care for, even pamper, your pet on a budget or fixed income. By planning carefully and making smart shopping decisions, you can save money on food, toys and treats.
– Save money on everyday essentials, such as pet food, by shopping at Chewy. Forty percent of the money Americans spend on pets is for food. You will also find savings on name-brand pet food at a discount store such as Dollar General. Remember that you can save even more by buying private label food. Many private label products are equivalent to the national brands.
– Find lower-cost medical care. Local humane societies often sponsor free or reduced-price clinics for routine vaccinations or spaying or neutering. Learn about clinics offered in your area, which can save you from expensive vet visits. And, you don’t always have to visit the vet for some medical treatments. Dewormer, ear mite treatment and other medications are available over-the-counter.
– Enjoy the great outdoors with your four legged friend, which doesn’t cost anything. For outdoor or indoor fun, your pet will need a few basic accessories like a leash, collar and water bowl. All of these inexpensive items are available at discount stores such as Dollar General or online at chewy.com for a price that will fit within your budget.
– Skip the pet day spa and groom your puppy at home. You can save a lot of money by bathing and grooming your dog yourself. All you need to set up your own pet spa are shampoo, conditioner, a brush or comb, a pet grooming dryer and nail clippers.
– Potty training and maintenance for both dogs and cats can also be affordable. Online stores like Chewy can provide you with cat litter, litter pans, scoops and liners. Puppy pads are available for puppies that are being trained and can all be delivered right to your door fast with free delivery on qualifying orders.